LEED Commercial Cleaning Services Available from Office Pride
Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design, is a green building certification program that recognizes best-in-class building strategies and practices.
The intent of the Green Cleaning Policy is to reduce the exposure of building occupants and maintenance personnel to potentially hazardous chemical, biological and particulate contaminants, which adversely affect air quality, human health, building finishes, building systems and the environment.
The requirements are to follow LEED 2009 for Existing Buildings: Operations & Maintenance policy and have in place a green cleaning policy for the building or office addressing the following green cleaning requirements:
- Use of sustainable cleaning and hard floor and carpet care products meeting the sustainability criteria outlined in IEQ Credit 3.3: Green Cleaning – Sustainable Cleaning Products and Materials.
- Use cleaning equipment meeting the sustainability criteria outlined in IEQ Credit 3.4: Green Cleaning – Sustainable Cleaning Equipment.
- Establish standard operating procedures addressing how an effective cleaning and hard floor and carpet maintenance system will be consistently utilized, managed and audited.
- Develop guidelines addressing the safe handling and storage of cleaning chemicals used in the building, including a plan for managing hazardous spills or mishandling incidents.
- Develop requirements and training of maintenance personnel appropriate to the needs of the building. Specifically address the hazards of use, disposal and recycling of cleaning chemicals, dispensing equipment and packaging.